Thursday, April 06, 2006

I'm still here

It's Thursday night, the boys left last night. That's why I have been absent from posting. They were here for a little over a week. It was a great visit. I miss them being around so much. Sam is such a smart ass. It does me proud to hear some of the stuff out of his mouth. Matt is obsessed with sex. Boobies and such. He will be 12 next month. I don't think he knows a lot about sex, but he is eager to learn. He also says inappropriate things at times. If he wasn't my kid, I would laugh, but I am supposed to be the parent, so I give him hell. I must not be too rough though, he keeps doing it. They will be home for the summer in early June, for 2 months. I can't wait.

I am settling into my new job. I am starting to get comfortable with it. I know how to do a lot of things on my own now, and I don't have to keep asking for help. It is a little weird for me though. Nobody there cusses. EVER! I have to try very hard to censor myself. I know Nader, the boss, is religious. He talks about his church, and bible classes. That is fine with me. I know a lot of religious people. I respect their right to believe as much as I wish they would respect my right not to believe.

Then there is John, the sales manager. He is extremely right wing. He was telling me how the democrats are the problem with this country. He went on a long tirade about it. He kept going even after I told him I was a liberal guy. I couldn't do that, keep complaining when someone says they believe the other way. It doesn't seem respectful. You can have a difference of opinions, but they should be discussed rationally without the bashing.

Lastly, is Debbie. I can't get a read on her yet. She listens to NPR, but I can't tell where she lies politically does seem to be judgemental, and she hates pets. Which is funny because John brings his dog to work everyday. It's a little pomeranian. She is kind of nice to it, but everyone knows she doesn't like it. I don't like dogs that much either, but I can accept them ok.

One of my main concerns about these people is how they will respond when they find out I am gay. I was going to say fears instead of concerns, but it's not really a fear anymore. Fuck em if they don't like it. (don't I sound brave) I used to be terrified someone would find out. But now I just have a little concern for how they will react. Will they treat me differently? John said he is against gay marriage. I don't really care. I just want to work in a place where it doesn't matter. I have no intention of bringing it up, but I certainly won't lie about it. It's interesting to me how my feelings regarding being gay have changed.

Now i just need to go out and meet some people. And get laid. That would be good too.

No comments: