Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Day 14... Decision time...

I officially have an offer from both places now. After I talked with weather people (small business) I called the Davis HR person and left a voicemail telling her I had another offer and asked if they were going to make an offer to me soon. She called me first thing this morning to give me an offer. They both pay lower than I was making, Davis is $.31 less than the weather people. I told them their first offer was too low, she came back with a higher number, and a 90 day evaluation. The benefits are about comperable. Davis pays fully for medical, the weather one is slpit 80-20. They both have 401K, the weather one matches the 15%, Davis matches 3 1/2% Davis has tuition reimbursment, the weather one doesn't.

I really don't know what to do. I am leaning towards the Davis job, it's only 4 days a week, Mon. - Thur. but the swing shift is presenting a problem for me. I'm not sure what to do when the kids are back for the summer. If I have to go to work at 4:15 in the afternoon, somebody is going to have to watch them. I know Sam is old enough, at 14 to stay home alone, but Matt isn't ready, and I'm not ready to leave them unsupervised for 10 hours a day. Who would make dinner? Who would settle fights? But if the stay in Kentucky, for the next school year, I wil have 10 months with out them here. There is a week or 2 throughout the year, but not much time. I will be able to take classes during the daytime. And have 3 day weekends.

I'm not sure what to do. Neither of these is my dream job. Should I refuse both and wait for something else? I'm not that big of a gambler. I've had 3 interviews, and rececived 2 offers. I think I am a good find for any business. But this no money thing, borrowing from mom isn't a good fit for me.

holy crap... what to do...

No comments: