Saturday, June 03, 2006

"the horrible night of doom"

Linda Blair Aint got Nothin' on Me

Oh My God. As anyone with children can attest, they share all kinds of wonderful germs and sicknesses with you. Well, it has happened to me. Poor Sammy was very very sick. I felt really bad for him, there's not much you can do except take medicine and let it run it's course.

Then... I started feeling a little bad. Not too bad, but enough so i knew something wasn't right. I went to bed around 10:00. I woke up at 11:36, and made a run for the bathroom. You know how if you haven't gotten sick for a while, you forget how bad it can be. i mean in theory you know throwing up isn't a pleasant experience, but you haven't done it in so long, it's just a faint memory of what happens.

last night I remembered how bad it can be. Several times. I was up at 11:36, 12:18, 1:23, 3:06, and 4:32. I remember because each time I ran for the bathroom, I looked at the clock to see if it was almost morning yet. Dawn for me at least brings some hope that the horrible night of doom will be over. As I was sitting on the bathroom floor between rounds of "prayer" I could hear my insides gurgling and bubbling like some mad scientist experiment. After "the horrible night of doom" was over, then started the morning and day of... how to say this tactfully, well my brother calls it "soup ass." that seems like a reasonable explanation. Probably not too tactful though.

So, this has been my weekend so far. I had great plans for the day, I was supposed to help my brother build a deck on his house. But I had to cancel. Instead, I have spent the day writhing in pain on the couch. Terrible cramps. Or running to the bathroom. Terrible cramps in there too. I am feeling a little bit better now, the cramps are still there, the fever isn't anymore. Sam is about in the same boat as me. No more throwing up, but cramps and long lingering bathroom trips. Matt kind of got it a little this morning. He didn't get sick or have the bathroom problems, but he did get a fever and feel pretty lousy. He says he is better now, but I think that's only because he doesn't want to cancel tomorrows plans too. We are having a birthday party for him tomorrow. I don't want to cancel either, but I'll decide in the morning.

I'm going to lay down again. And whine, I didn't mention the whining. I readily admit that I am the biggest baby ever when I'm sick. It's one of my many wonderful traits.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you feel better, Jeff!