Friday, June 23, 2006

I've been busy...

I feel the need to update my blog, but I don’t seem to have the time right now. Last weekends camping trip was very nice. We all had a lot of fun. With the exception of the bugs. Mosquitoes to be exact. They were awful. It was like an alien invasion. We went through 3 cans of mosquito repellent, and still we came back covered in bites. Sam and Matt (my boys) got it the worst. Poor Sam counted 32 bites on his body. I couldn’t get them to stop scratching, so of course the bites were all swollen, and it looked like they had some kind of death plague. Now things are much better, they just have little scabs all over them. Eww

I want to take them to the Oregon caves and do some spelunking. That sounds like a fun adventure. But I just found out how far away it is, almost to the California border. Jeez, that’s a hell of a round trip. We could stay in a hotel down there, they would like that. Financially though, I don’t think I could swing it. I’ll figure something out.

Sam is hooked on watching Ghost Hunters and all those kinds of shows on TV. I am going to take them on a tour of the Shanghi Tunnels in Portland. They have a ghost tour that will be right up his alley. I asked if he would want to go see a haunted place in the flesh and he jumped at the chance. So, next month some time we will go do that.

Jumping to a completely different subject, my lease is going to end in September. I can continue to stay on a month to month basis after that or I can move somewhere else. My rent isn’t that expensive right now, under $600 a month. I know that isn’t a lot. But I am still fucked up from my unemployment debacle earlier this year. I had to borrow some money from my mom, and I will never be able to pay her back at this rate. I am barely, barely scraping by as it is. I think about trying to move into someone’s basement, or renting a room in someone’s house or something really cheap. I also have been thinking of putting my stuff in storage and sleeping in my car. I can go to the gym to shower (that way I would actually go to the gym) and I eat with my mom anyway. I’m a little guy; I could fit in the backseat ok. Where would I park though at night? I don’t want to be hassled by the man. Well, maybe by a man, just not the man. I could save a lot of money and actually pay back some of the family that I owe. Plus I could start to build up a nest egg. It seems a little desperate though. Would you think less of me? I would have to lie to my family though. They wouldn’t approve. I would tell them I was staying with a friend. I don’t know, I probably won’t do it, but it does seem like a good way to get out of trouble. I hope I can find a good room to rent, or maybe a roommate to cut down on cost. Argghh, I will figure something out.

On a good note, my probation period at work is over, so now I will have insurance again. Hooray! And, goddamn I’m horny. I need to get laid. NEED… Plus, since the kids are here, I can’t… you know… release any built up frustration. I haven’t been able to look at anything dirty online for a few weeks now. Lordy, I have a need.

Sorry about that, just going where my mind led me. Gotta go back to work now. Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sleeping/living in your car bad bad bad bad bad bad idea !!