Wednesday, June 14, 2006

They're everywhere...

I see them all the time. I hate the heat, but still, summer has got to one the best time of the year. Shorts and no shirts. Sunglasses, sandals, and skin. I’m talking about hotties of course. My God, it seems that everywhere I look, I see someone attractive. Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of trolls out there too, but hot guys are just all over the place. Maybe it’s because I don’t need an A&F model level of hotness. Not that that’s bad either though. But I really like the guy next door type. Just a regular Joe. I was at the 7-11 today buying a Coke, and there were 2 guys blocking the cooler. I waited for a few seconds for them to move, all the while taking in beauty of one of them. He was a little taller than me, (but who isn’t) probably 5’7 or 5’8, and dressed in jeans and a t-shirt. They were taking too long so I moved in front of them to grab my Coke, and I was able to get a glance at his face. Ooohhh. He was gorgeous. I walked to the counter and paid and on my way out of the store, they were still in front of the coolers, and I was trying to get a good view again and I totally walked into a candy bar display. Like a big fool. Hershey bars all over the floor. I picked them up and didn’t make eye contact with anyone as I practically ran out to the car. My face was so red.

The point of this post is a question about checking out guys. I don’t want to get my ass kicked, but since I came out, I don’t really worry if anyone knows I’m gay anymore. So I find myself looking at hot guys all the time. It does concern me a little though. I’m all of 5’4 and a little squishy. I don’t intimidate anyone, not even my kids anymore (Sam is 5’6 now). My friend Toddy is 6’6 and a large build. He said people don’t usually fuck with him. I don’t have the size luxury.

My concern over getting my ass kicked is not high enough to make me stop looking. And honestly, I don’t want to go back to trying to be discrete, and not let anyone see me looking. I would be flattered if someone was checking me out, it wouldn’t matter what gender. People should just be happy someone thinks they are hot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff there are no hard and fast rules about checking guys out, In NY I have the luxury of hardly ever having to worry about it but in other places I am more cautious. Just be aware that if someone reacts negatively they can be very hurtful so be prepared.