Thursday, May 25, 2006

Karaoke Theme Night?

Damn that Hot Toddy. I can't get The Little Mermaid song out of my head. There's something about Disney songs, they just stick with you. If you have kids and you've seen every Disney cartoon at least a million times, you know the songs. Where the People Are is my favorite one. I also find myself singing R.E.S.C.U.E. (Rescue Aid Society) from the Rescuers, I Wanna Be A Man Too, King Louie from The Jungle Book.This just happens out of the blue. I will be working or driving or doing something that requires concentration, and bam, all the sudden I notice myself singing. Where does it come from?

When my kids were little, we had a Disney tape called hero songs. It was full of all the popular songs form the more recent movies. That was pretty much all I played in the car, and would sing at the top of my lungs all the way to work and all the way back. Good Times...

Maybe it's a Walt Disney mind fuck. Maybe there are subliminal codes deep inside the songs and after enough kids (and gay guys) hear them, say in 30 years or so, there will be a revolution. Maybe that's when they will unthaw his head. Go with me here, it's just the beginning of a theory, given time I'm sure I can work it out.

Oh yeah, I forgot why I logged on to post in the first place. Karaoke Theme Night. I'm still very new to this whole "having a life" thing. Do they ever do theme nights at karaoke? I'm thinking of a Disney song theme night. That would be great. It would probably have to be at a gay bar though. I may even have the balls to get up and sing, well, maybe if I drink enough. I would sure be singing on the inside though...

1 comment:

jeff said...

Well I thought it was fucking brilliant!!