Tuesday, May 02, 2006

It's alive....

I am still here. You know, I have a few blogs that I read all the time and it pisses me off when I go to them and they haven't been updated. For a while. I guess it hasn't really sunk in that people may be reading my blog and thinking the same thing. Not that I have a bazzillion readers, but I know of 2. 2!

So here is the story. It's not particularly interesting, but then neither is my life so what the hell. I just haven't felt like posting lately. I haven't been down, really. Just a little bit. Maybe tired too. My finances are biting me in the ass. Being out of work for 2 months sucks. Oh yeah, they are going to shut off my internet before my next payday, when I can pay the bill in full. bastards, they have no empathy. But back to me, I guess there have been a few things to mention.

I still have the other job, 4 hours a week. I don't want to do it anymore. At all. Not just cut back, how much more could you cut back 4 hours a week? It just seems like such an inconvenience to have to go in there on the weekends. I have been working weekends since last August, plus a regular job. I did it at first because I wanted to transition there when my regular job ended. But they don't have enough work for me to do, and I'm not "professional" enough to do what they do need. I built the first 65 units and shipped them to the customers and now they just want to keep me in the loop until a new order comes in, then i can work like crazy again while still keeping my regular job and working nights and weekends for them. I want out. I'm not interested anymore. I was there in the beginning, before they even decided to form a new company. I was instrumental in the development and manufacturing of this product. I was invested in it. But now, since they don't want me full time, i have lost my passion for this product/business. They are good people, i wish them well, but I don't want to spend my free time working for them anymore.

I told the boss last Sunday that the job wasn't working for me. So he wanted to go over how they could make it better for me and work out the problems. I was such a pussy about it, I didn't want to sound all bitter "well since you wont hire me, I quit" which is kid of what it boils down to. So I didn't really give him a reason why. He suggested things and I agreed. What a puss. Maybe i should backtrack a minute and say that this discussion started because I sent them an email saying that when my kids are here for the summer, may 30 - July 31, I will not be available. Then i said we can discuss what to do after they leave later in the summer. Again being a pussy, putting off the quitting until later. I should probably just bite the bullet and have a frank conversation with them. It's just that conflict really fucks me up. Thanks dad.

My new job is going well. I think they are happy with me. I like them, even the republican, as long as we don't talk politics. I haven't told them i am gay, I don't think it's any of their business. If it comes up, I won't lie about it. But I see no reason to bring it up now. I told my last boss (after 4 years) because we had friendship as well as a working relationship. It felt like I was lieing to a friend by keeping it a secret. It feels better now. I had dinner with them last weekend. It was very nice. I had 2 gin and tonics. Aren't;t those old people drinks? I don't want to order an old person drink at a gay bar. It's bad enough being 36, i don't need to seem any older.

I cleaned my house on Sunday. Even vacuumed the floor. It is so nice to sit in a clean house, or open the door and not see crap all over the place. Sometimes I can be a real slob, enough to even bother myself.

I guess this is enough for now. I will try to keep my updates more regular. Here are a couple of pictures I found that made me laugh. Conan is a gif, i hope it works.


No comments: