Sunday, May 21, 2006

On a happy note...

Hooray!!!!! I'm not going to post about something deporessing for a change! Well, maybe a little, but then it will get better. Stay with me and you'll see.

The weather here has been pretty nice. Not too hot, but very warm. Beautiflu sunny skies. Great spring time weather. And it has been depressing me more than cheering me up. All becasue I have no one to play with. (stay with me here) So on Saturday, I had to work at the bad place, and after that I went tog et something to eat and the thought of just going back to my apartment brought me way down. So I got a couple of movies and a sandwich at Subway (yum) and went home. Not to give you too much of a visual, but I am one of those people who as soon as they walk through the door, off come the pants. And the shirt. Not a pretty sight, but since no one is there to see it, oh well. So, i went home from Subway with my movies and layed on the bed in front of the fan. That was at 3:00. I woke up at 8:15 that night. I slept way too long, so of course I couldn't go to sleep last night until late. And the bad, bad, bad part is that yesterday was Matt's birthday, and since I din't get up until 8:00, it was 10:00 in Kentucky and too late to call. They had plans earlier, so I had to wait until the evening, and then I slept through my window. All in all, a crappy day.

I woke up this morning in a fairly good mood, but again, I had nothing to do or anyone to do it with. So I went for lunch at my favorite place, Annie's It's a Fiftys style burger place that has great food, and chocoalte malts. So after that, my thought was to go back home and finish watching the movies I got. But that seemed pathetic, even too much for me. I have been wanting to check out another bar in Portland called CC Claughters. I read another blog, Hot Toddys Toaster Oven (great name) and he talks about how great CC Slaughters is. I have tried to go several times in the past couple of weeks. But I chickened out. The closest I got was driving to it, but I couldn't find it. So today my thought was to go and find it and maybe if I had the balls, go and have a drink. It shouldn't be crowded on a Sunday afternoon. I found it, and drove around forever looking for a place to park. While I was looking, I drove by the waterfront. I always wanted to wlk down by the river, but I never had. So I finally found a spot and walked down around the water. I crossed the bridge and wlake all the way to the end of the other side. Then I came back across the river and went to look for CC Slaughters.

I found it and started to walk by the door. I wasn't going to go inside. I knew where it was, that was enough for one day. But as I passed the door, almost involuntarily, I turned and went inside. Then I froze. The place was pretty full for 4:00 in the afternoon. I stood just inside the door for a couple of minutes trying to decide whether to run or not. I finally went and ordered a drink, right in line behind a drag queen. Oh my. There were a few in there. I took my drink and walked around the bar to where the tables were and they were having a bingo game. Everyone looked like they were having fun. A big black drag queen was calling the numbers and she was very funny. And attractive. I don't know what to think about that. Was I attracted to the man inside the costume or the woman? It has to be the man, I don't find women attractive... in that way.

Anyway... I tried to sink into the wall and drink my drink and watch what was going on. I stayed for a few minuted, then I left, wuite happy with myself. I really liked this place. Much better than the other one I went to. I can't wait to go back. I just need someone to go with me. Maybe Jason will be available again. I'll ask.

Tonight is the finale of Desperate Houswives. Very exciting. Tomorrow is 24. WooHoo.

No comments: