Thursday, August 17, 2006

G'Day

Well hello there, how've you been? I've been just fine thanks. I thought I would share a couple of new developements with you. First, I talked with my boss yesterday about increasing my salary. I was looking for a $3000.00 per year bump, he came in with $2000.00. In the past I would have said thank you and then kicked myself for not standing up for what I need. But this time I said that I was hoping to get a little closer to what I was making in my old job. I told him what I needed, and he said he would run some numbers and let me know next pay period when my check gets here. So at the least I will be getting the $2000.00, maybe even more. Thank god, I didn't want to have to change jobs again.

The second thing is while browsing Craigslist for cheaper apartments or rooms to rent, I came across something that looks promising. It is a large 3 bedroom apartment with 2 30 - 40 ish gay guys, looking for a 3rd roommate. I answered the ad and he answered me back saying he would like to meet me and have me come look at the place. Financially this is something I need. The reduction in rent would be great, it would really help me out. But living with roommates again makes me a little nervous. Especially strangers. They could be very nice, or they could be psychos. Who knows?
On the plus side, this should force me to be more social (in theory). I would get to move into the city, although not downtown like I wanted, but then again, I can't really afford downtown.

I'm not sure what to do on this yet. I will meet with the guy and look at the place. That isn't making a commitment. It's just checking it out. Oohh... any suggestions on what I should ask them? Anything I should look out for? Red flags or warning signs? Any feedback would be nice.

I'm at work right now or else I would include a hottie picture. You'll just have to imagine one for today. Maybe later I'll post a couple later. If your good...

jeff

No comments: