Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Hey There!

Well hello, it's been a little while since I last posted. I have a few new things to share. My decision on whether or not to move has been made for me. I received a letter from my apartment manager informing me that my lease is up at the end of September, and that my rent will increase $100.00 per month, plus another $15.00 for my parking space. Or, I can go to a month to month agreement, for approximately $200.00 per month. So, I am out of here at the end of September.

The timing sucks though because the boys are coming back at the end of September. I am thinking of leaving more towards the middle of the month, and then staying in a hotel with the boys while they are here for a week. I’ll pick one with a pool, they’ll like that.

Yesterday I looked at an apartment downtown, at 12 & Washington. It was more than a little disappointing. Very very small. I don’t mind a small place, but this couldn’t have been more than 300 sq. feet. So, the search continues.

Hooking up with a roommate or 2 isn’t a bad idea, I think. But here’s the rub, how do you pick a stranger as a roommate? I see lots of listing on Craigslist that seem promising. But jeez, how can I narrow down the field so it is the right decision? I don’t want to move again very soon. I need to pick the right place.

I am confident though that everything will work out. I feel like I have turned a corner recently, my bad juju days seem to be gone. I know it’s only been a week or two, but everything feels much better now. Even with the challenges I’m facing.

Bye Bye! (voice of John McGlauphlin)

No comments: