Friday, February 24, 2006

I'm a little bummed right now

I had a job interview on Wednesday. It went really well. They called me back late that afternoon and asked if I would come in for a secoond interview on Thursday, 1 of 3 people coming back. Thursday I met with the president and the person who'd job is up for filling. The lady, not the president, liked me and my answers. I couldn't get a feel for the president. It was almost like he already had his mond made up and was just going through the motions. They called me right before lunch and said they were going with an internal employee to fill the job. Well fuck. I'm not so much dissapointed in not getting the job, I maen I would have liked it and done well, but the fact that they pretty much had their minds made up about the internal person before calling me back. That's an assumption on my part, but I'm not stupid, I know the game works.

I'm more bummed about only having 2 days of employment left. What the fuck am I going to do? I'm not in full panic mode yet, but I can see it from here. Yikes! On the plus side, I was good enough to get called back for a second interview, and sine it has been years since I had to do that, I was pretty nervous about it. But at least I got one under my belt and will be more ready and prepared for the next one. See... a positive attitude.

On another note... I received an email out of the blue Wednesday night from someone responding to my profile on some gay website. He is at the coast and is going through a divorce right now and wanted to talk about how mine went down. We have sent a couple of emails back and forth and I assume will continue. He has a boyfriend, so it's not one of those kind of things. But making a friend right now would be great. If I get one, I can try to snowball that inot more. Wish me luck.

I should go back to work now... everyone is gone from the office except me right now.

No comments: