Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I resisted my morning demons today

I guess that's not entirely true. I woke up semi-late, just enough time to get ready and go, but I surfed too long on the internet. I am supposed to be at work at 8:00. I just finished putting on my shoes at 8:00, and since I was now late, I decided to stop and get a coke and dainsh for breakfast. But I thought on it and Holly's words came back to haunt me." When are you going to motivate yourself?" Well fuck... so I had a bowl of cereal instead. Not the best breakfast in the world, but certainly better than a coke and danish.

The demon that I didn't beat was the gym one. I set the alarm for 6:00 and went to bed early. I had every intention of going to the gym today. When the alarm woke me up, I felt awake enough to function, but after I went to the bathroom, I came back into the bedroom and reset the alarm and got back under the covers. And slept wonderfully for another hour. So, I'm 50-50 on my morning demons.

I signed up for the diabetes class next month. We are supposed to bring a support person, so mom is going with me. She is happy about that. I talked to my doctor about switching drugs, and he said it was up to me. I told him that since I have been having good days the past couple of weeks, maybe the drugs have finally kicked in. If I start swinging again, he said to call and he will call in a different prescription for me. I will make a decision next week after I see Holly.

No comments: