Saturday, January 07, 2006

so close...

I was feeling pretty happy with myself yesterday for the way I was eating. It's a big challenge for me to make this change and not just say fuck it and eat McCrap. So, I cleaned the kitchen yesterday with the intent (foreshadowing, notice the word intent)of making chicken and raosted potatoes and a salad, the food I bought the other day but didn't eat. I finish with the cleaning and open the fridge to get the chicken, and it has expired, by a day. Not one to take a chance on old food, I chucked it and went down the steet to the store. I am still psyched about making my chicken dinner, just a quick run in, get chicken and garbage bags, and back home to cook.

A quick side note, they have been building a new Happy Panda resturant in the parking lot of the Fred Meyer down the street. It opened a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't been in there yet. I was very excited to try it out, I heard good things. So as I turn into the parking lot at Fred Meyer, I notice that happy Panda has a drive thru. Woo Hoo! Now I can't get it out of my head as I am shopping for my chicken. I found myself wandering around the store arguing with myself about Happy Panda. The evil me won, and I went through the drive thru. And... it sucked! The chiken was tough and hard to chew and the flavor wasn't that good. but what can you expect from a resturant with a drive thru?

I still feel confident that I will make the change. 2 out of 3 meals a day is a good start. Before I lost my mind and did the wrong thing, I was really jonesing for a coke. So I bought one, but I only tok three drinks of it. Honestly, the rest is still in the car. I felt pretty good about that, except for the wastefullness of course. But then again, starving kids in Africa don't need coke either.

On a different note, I have a new addiction. It is worse than crack for me (not that I know about crack). It is a Live Journal picture page. It shows the latest 40 pictures uploaded to live journal. From all over the world. I am such a vouyer (sp). The addictive part is that by the time you get to the bottom of the page and hit refresh, there are 40 new pictures to look at. It is never ending. I can't stop myself. Everytime I hit the refresh button, I say "last time, I swear" and then hit it again for another half hour. I have litterally spent an entire evening clicking refresh. I don't knoew what it is, the glimpse into to peoples persoanl lives, it kind of feels like snooping. Plus, ther is always the occasional gay picture that pops up. I have to chase those and see where they lead. It's just so random, you have to see for yourself. http://www.fuzzysquid.com/LJ.php

Enough for now...

No comments: