Saturday, January 21, 2006

Saturday AM

Goodmorning! Let's talk about my mood again. When I woke up this morning, I was in the middle again, but tipping over towards a good mood. As I continued to wake up, it did in fact go that way. Now I am in a very good mood. Even though I have to go to work today, on a Saturday.

Gary (my cat) is truly insane this morning. Attacking me anytime I walk into or out of a room. Even when i look for him, he manages to surprise me with a playful slap slap on my leg or he jumps up and slaps my ass. He's a great cat. Very fun to be around. Maybe that's why my mood is good, it's all Gary's fault.

The joys of Splenda! i remember 25 years ago when I was a kid (that is a depressing sentence) my grandmother had diabetes and I would taste her sugar free food and it was horrible. So I wasn't looking forward to sugar substitutes for me nowadays. I told my mom about how awful the oatmeal was without sugar and she sent me home a few packs of Splenda. Well... it is a wonderful thing. The oatmeal is very good now, I look forward to it. I am going to change form the mixed berries that I add to blueberries. There are red raspberries in the mixed variety and they are very bitter. I don't like them so much. Mom had another suggestion for the oatmeal, that I add some applesauce to it. I tried that this morning and it was pretty good. I will have it again.

I had a good dinner last night at my mom's. My aunt and her husband were there for dinner also, and of course the whole conversation was about advice on my diabetes. It was very insightful. And a little much. I still wish that no one knew. I told my mom that I would take her up on the offer to eat dinner with her during the week. She is happy about that. She is planning a menu already. She said it will be helpful to her, because since she lives alone it is hard to cook for just one person and she usually eats a sandwich for dinner. Kind of like my default dinner is a bowl of cereal. So, I get to eat moms cooking again, that is a good thing. She is a very good cook.

Look at the time. I should have been at work an hour ago. The good thing about the extra job is that they realize it is an extra job, and put very Few limitations on me. I come and go as i please. The only important thing is that the work gets done on time. Then when and how is up to me.

I'm feeling chatty today. l wonder what the rest of the day holds...

This is beatiful...


This is adorable...


This gives me nightmares... fuck you Spielberg!

No comments: